Monday, April 1, 2013

Week EOC: Great Customer Service


                The time I felt the wonderful power of great customer service is when I stayed at the MGM Grand Signature. The stay made me feel like a king for a day but at first I felt a little weird. I booked the room online three weeks prior and on arrival I checked in at the gate, they took my name gave me a parking pass and called to the desk to let them know I was there. There was no parking I had to use valet and at first I was a little upset but then I said to myself “oh why the hell not I paid all this money hope they don’t expect a tip”. I pulled up bell hops opened the door asked for my bags when I told them “I got it” they responded “it’s our job we have to”. Shocked at the response I kind of felt like a big deal so I walked to the check in counter with my head held high but still a little confused on where they were taking my stuff. When I checked in I asked “what about my bags” and the lady at the counter replied “it will all be brought to you room”. The customer service was amazing I didn't have to a superstar to feel like one they treated me and everyone the same even those who bought the standard room. from the words of Armstrong and Kotler from Marketing: An Introduction for Education Management Corporation  pg. 14“Customer satisfaction depends on the product’s perceived performance relative to a buyer’s expectations. If the product’s performance falls short of expectations, the customer is dissatisfied. If performance matches expectations, the customer is satisfied. If performance exceeds expectations, the customer is highly satisfied or delighted.” That is actually what I got from them and will one day return. 

No comments:

Post a Comment